An ultra-conservative's views on this and that

27 November 2010

Subtle rude people

Loud, brash rude people are the kinds you verbally assault guilt-free.  In the game of Who's The Bigger Asshole Chess, the louder and more obnoxious they are, the weaker their opening move.  Such people can be verbally or physically assaulted, and the Court of Public Opinion will side with you on the "asshole deserved it" defense.

But then there are the subtle ones. 

Case in point:  Upon entering a sandwich shop I'm fond of, I proceeded to walk past two women who were standing away from the counter, discussing what they would have.  I headed straight for the counter.  One of the women, pretending not to see me, walked parallel and arrived at the counter in front of me.  The fact that I made enough noise in my ski jacket, yet she never turned to acknowledge me, screamed "guilty conscience".  She knew what she had done, and rather than get a angry stare from me, she refused to turn around.

Her companion also feigned being oblivious, joining her friend after her order was completed.  When the sandwich-maker inquired what she wanted, my hopes were raised briefly when she turned and stated that she thought I was next.  I gestured towards her friend, the first bitch, and started to say, "well, if you're buying together..."  The woman turned back to the maker and ordered!

It was at that moment that I thought about bringing my killer rabbit to deal with rude people.  Someone thinks they're better than me because they were born earlier?  Or because they've spent a day bleeding their husbands' bank accounts dry in the pursuit of crass and pointless materialism?  Let's get something straight:  Black Friday is less about finding gifts for great bargains for the ones you love, unless "the ones you love" is a fancy way of saying you're a narcissist.

Anyway, back to the killer rabbit:  Oh, what an adorable bunny, they'd say, followed by Argh, the cute bunny just ripped my eye out of its socket!

Mission accomplished.  Excuse, sandwich-maker, you can just toss those two sandwiches or give them to the homeless or something.  I'm ready to order now.

No comments:

Post a Comment