An ultra-conservative's views on this and that

08 March 2010

Politicizing the Census

I received a letter informing me that my census is on the way in a week.  The second paragraph of the letter uses a phrase I've heard in the TV and radio marketing blitz for the Census.  Setting aside the pointless waste of taxpayer money, especially in a deep recession, the phrase really bothers me:  "making sure we get our fair share."  Fair share of what?  Government funds for "highways, schools, health facilities, and many other programs you and your neighbors need."

Wait a minute, is that what the Census is for?

The Census was mandated to occur at least once every ten years by the Founding Fathers, the reason being the enumeration of citizens for the purposes of apportionment for representation in the House of Representatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment